Rastafarian ways of thinking and livity 
AutorNachricht
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Highscores: 3
Beitrag Rastafarian ways of thinking and livity
Bild

English : (scroll runter für deutsch!)

Rastafari is a lived religion and the fascination which its causing also to western white left orientated people cannot only be explained by the exotic and the hypnotising music its more the attitudes of the Rasta towards the „system“ and the consequent implementation of philosophic basic ideas into alternative life forms.

On the question what Rasta-identity is Lloyd answered:

"...as I would say: Rastafari Identity is Rastafari, who feels it - knows it, who never know it - a go feel it, seen"

Oneness

The whole way of life for rastas is orientated by "oneness". Oneness is an expression of belonging together-feelings between Rastafarians but also an expression of universal love, the feeling of god in everything and everybody. A lot of Rastas live together. Possess is unknown. In the ideal case the land which is needed will just be taken.

According to Psalm 24:1: "The earth is the Lords and all its fullness. The world and those who dwell therein.”

Suspicion, stealing, lying, greed, jealousy, envy, hatred, betrayal are not right ways of living. In most aspects of life there is equality but not because there are laws but by the awareness of the all the time presence of god. To put yourself over another one would mean to despise god as god is in everybody.

Language

Oness can also be seen in the Rasta-dialect, the so called „I n I“ Language: Instead of using “we” rastas use „I and I“ when they talk about the community. Ras Historian interpretation is the following:

"“I“ in the normal English language is the first person, you, he, she, it follow as second or third person. When I and I as Rasta look at the numbers one comes first. Even 1 as number and I look similar. Therefore I and I looked at each individual, who is a member of the Rastafarian community always as “I”. In a different way expressed; everybody is always the first. Because it’s only the whole unity of all which builds the whole I and cause in this way the perfect state."

According to Forsythe, sociologist und Rastafarian, there is a difference between the "little I" and the "big I":

"The "little I" or me refers to the lower self of the human beings; on his body, his identity that part of him which was born and will die. It's this "little I“ who experiences desires, strives, misery and luck and who carries out actions and fears death. It’s the outside dress of the "Big I", an instrument through which the "Big I" manifests on a material level”.

"The "Big I" is the eternal or true self which was never born and will never die. Its gods divine spirit and holiness which is in everybody deep within."

The aim of Rasta members therefore is the realization of the self and the blend of ”little I" und "Big I". That would be called then "I-nity" or Unity.

For Rastafarians the language is a holy instrument and not only a simple way of communication. Language goes back to creation, written in the following statement in the bible:

"On the begin there was the word and the word was with Jah and Jah was the word”

(Joh.1,1)

In this the Rastafarian sees the proof that words don’t have only sounds but also power. With the terms: „words, sounds and power“ the spirit, the language and the heart correspond and get one which leads to the inspiration of thinking and feeling

"Through speaking Rasta renews the universe; striving for sympathy, humility, love and harmony".

The best development for the language is the "Reasoning", the discussion form of the Rastafarians. During the nightly smoking inspirations are told and will be discussed detailed. This is a sacral act comparable to a prayer. The night is also a holy time because the day is ruled by Babylon.

The Reasoning is also of other meaning: Rastafari is not only to be looked at as a movement without leader but its also living the protestant principle of preaching to all believers.

Rasta-women

A Rasta-woman is called "sister" or "daughter". It’s forbidden for women to wear trousers. In the fifth book of Moses 22,5 it’s written:

"A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on woman’s garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the lord your god."

Homosexuality is strictly disapproved, as its written in the bible:

The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans, 1. chapter:

"1,26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 1,27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another. Men with men committing what is shameful and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due."

LEVITICUS, 18. chapter:
"18,22 You shall not lie by a man like by a woman. It is an abomination."

and

same part, 20. chapter:

"20,13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them"

During the menstruation women are looked at as unclean and kept away from the community. Also visible in the cursing patois expression “blood clot”.

Food habits

"In order for the head to think right the body has to be healthy“ rastas say.

Rastafarians don’t drink any alcohol and refuse „artificial“ food. Rastas don’t eat meat especially not bloody. Strict Rastas don’t even eat fish, chicken nor eggs. They believe it will turn their stomach into a “cemetery”. “Agridishes" food that grew in the earth and absolutely fresh natural food is „ital“. Ital is a mix of I and vital = life essential and natural.

The food should be natural and fresh, without salt or chemical substances to colour or to preserve. Tin food is anyway “buried food“.

The kitchen tools should be made out of natural resources, too.

More about what can be eaten and what not you will find in Leviticus, chapter 11 and Deuteronomy 14,3 – 21a.

Rastafarians and the society

Rastas don’t do any salary work, then "salary work is slavery". They prefer hand craft works, arts, poetry or music.

Within the Rastafarian there are different groups: the Nyabinghi-order, the Twelve Tribes of Israel, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, Mystic Revelation of Rastafari, Bobo Ashanti and others, whose interpretation, about what Rastafari is, is different strict.

They are often persecuted by authorities because of the use of ganja. The punishments are hard. For the Rastas the persecution is a massive oppression and harassment. That they express also in their music.

Also with their appearance the Rastas are sometimes not liked to be seen. They carry Dreadlocks and dress easy. This can cause fear for people who don’t know anything about it. Often Rasta-children with dreadlocks are not even allowed to go to school.

Rastas don’t attend funerals because they dont’t believe in death. “Death is like a chemical process: Nothing gets lost, it just changes its form.”

Dreadlocks

Dreadlocks are a symbol of devotion. They are the antennas to god. They are a symbol of dignity and honour and a biblical symbol of the lion mane. Also here the Rastafarian follow the recommendation of the bible:

Leviticus 21,5: "They shall not make baldness upon their head [...]".

Also see numbers 6,5: “All the days of his vow of his separation no razor shall go on his head, until the days are fulfilled for which he separated himself to the Lord, he shall be holy. Then he shall the locks of the hair of his head grow.”

And judges, 13,5: “()…and no razor shall come upon his head for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from womb..()”

Dreadlocks are strength; see also the story of Samson and Delilah in the bible.

The longer the locks of a Rastafarian are, the longer he follows the Rasta-belief of the holy way of life according to the traditions. A Rasta without dreads is a "Baldhead" – he cannot be taken serious.

Rastas, who had to go for an interview by the police, got their locks cut there as an act of public discrimination and social control over the movement. Rastas are very upset about this cruelty, because the dreadlocks are very important for the spirituality. They believe with the dreadlocks they can think more clearly and recognize danger around them. They believe that they can receive inspiration of Jah with these antennas. Most of the time when a Rasta is leaving his house he puts on his hat the so called „tam“. These hats have mostly a red, golden and green colour.

"Red for the blood-shedding of the Suffarahs since the days of slavery! Gold, for the wealth, that has be stolen from the Suffarahs since Salomon’s temple was built! Green, for the blessed land in Africa, which is expecting the black mans return to home."

Ganja

Ganja or Marihuana, also called "herb" is Jerusalem’s bread, king’s bread, bread of the lamb, herb of wisdom, herb Salomon’s.

Ganja, Cannabis sativa, is the holy herb of the Rastafarians, of which has been spoken in several places in the bible:

"And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seeds according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.“ (1.Book Moses 1:12)

Ganja plays a major part in the religious meditation because it leads to deep and clear inspiration about life. It builds up a connection to the soul.

"The ritual of passing the pipe (chalice) is part of Jahs worshipping; it’s understood as a calling to the universal strength of the Almighty. The smoking of the herb symbolizes unity, I-nity between those that gather before Jah. It unites those present with the fullness of the divine strength and builds up a vibrating exchange of meditation between all who share the sacrament.”
(Itations of Jamaica acc. to Loth, 1991)

Sociologist und Rastafarian Dennis Forsythe:

"For the brothers ganja is the mystical body and the blood of „Jesus“ – the burning sacrifice for god, made out of fire – which let the individual see and recognize god or the „god-in-human beings“ , the „living-god”. They derive their moral right of usage of the herbs of their personal experience with the plant and also of the book of Genesis, which allows the usage of all plants that bring seeds."

Ganja is said to be food for the brain and an „all-cure-medicine“. It helps by asthma, flue, sick stomach, fever, rheum, eye sickness, thrombosis and many many more. None of the Rastas look at it as destructive.

Ganja can be smoked, be drunken as tea, be used in food or be used external. It’s used also to make robes, cosmetic articles and even clothes. Its use produces psycho-spiritual effects and gets a social-religious function. It’s said to cause visions and deepens all feelings, to make creative and to bring peace to the soul.

In the 60s the export of ganja to the USA was multi-million-dollar-business every year. It was well organised and in the hands of little farmers and rastas. Unfortunately the production, the usage and the selling of ganja are forbidden. But its production is still an important branch of the agriculture.

Reggae-singer Ras Midas about ganja:

"I want to say something about the herb and about what the herb got to do with our culture and our music. The right name for the herb is Cannabis. It’s the only living herb in creation that men can drink as tea as well as smoke it. It brings you meditation about Jah. When I and I make I and I music, then I and I use the herb, the herb leads me to the meditation of Jah. Then Jah will feed me with the words, with the lyrics, the text and the melody, so that I am able to bring it out into reality. That’s why Babylon is fighting against the herb.

The herb and the music are according to the concept of Rastafari the healing of the nations. Everywhere where the herb reaches, everywhere where Reggae is listened, Rastafari will be. Because you have to communicate with the herb to know who Rastafari is. You have to communicate with the herb to understand the music and its concept.”

Ganja is the strongest common experience of Rastafari. The central ritual activity of the rastas is the "reasoning" over a glooming pipe. It’s passed from hand to hand around the altar table as ritual symbol of earth, air, water and fire.

Ras Norma:
"Babylon knows the wisdom you get from smoking ganja and they need to keep you down from your meditation. They keep fighting against I herb you overstand? Because it's I herb, it's one special herb to segregate and is herb, no man can make it, it comes from earth, it's a herb of truth and wisdom. I think if ganja was legalized there would be positively less problems with cocaine and crack. When people would smoke herb, it would be a meditation, humbleness put them to i-tate, you overstand? But when you drink rum, it's a different scene and you look over, you going to see who is causing the problem. It's the crack, the heroin, cocaine, morphine, alcohol and cigarettes. Herb put you upon humbleness, cause it's a healing herb. In Guyana you can go to jail for three years just for one spliff. Lots of Rastas are prosecuted for herb. Not for killing or thieving from no one, just for smoking the herb. But man need to be free from mental slavery. They kill brother Marley, Peter Tosh, Marcus Garvey for speaking the truth, cause word Bob Marley was putting out fire upon Babylon. If Bob Marley was on the face of the earth in this time, everyone would be Rasta, because he speaks the truth and he sign it in his music and truth stands forever. But they can never stop I because if they put I in jail for three years, I when I come out I still have to smoke I herb, because I herb is I divine meditation, I free to do what I need to do. Jah Rastafari, Selassie I be praised."

Deutsch :

Rastafari ist gelebte Religion, und die Faszination, die es auch auf westliche weiße Linke ausübt, erklärt sich nicht nur durch die Exotik und die hypnotisierende Musik, sondern auch durch die Haltung der Rastas gegenüber dem "System" und die konsequente Umsetzung von philosophischen Grundsätzen in gelebte "Alternativen".

Auf die Frage was die Rasta-Identität eigentlich ausmache, antwortete Lloyd:

"...as I would say: Rastafari Identity is Rastafari, who feels it - knows it, who never know it - a go feel it, seen"

Oneness

Die gesamte Lebensweise der Rastas ist von der "oneness" bestimmt. Oneness ist Ausdruck des Gefühls der Zusammengehörigkeit zwischen den Rastafarians, aber auch Ausdruck einer universalen Liebe, des Gefühls der Durchdrungenheit von Gott. Viele Rastafarians leben gemeinschaftlich zusammen. Besitz ist insofern nicht bekannt. Im Idealfall wird Land, das benötigt wird, einfach genommen.

So steht es im Psalm 24:1: "Die Erde ist des Herren und was darinnen ist, der Erdkreis und die darauf wohnen"

Arglist, Stehlen, Lügen, Habsucht, Eifersucht, Neid, Haß, Verrat sind verurteilungswürdige Verhaltensformen. Es herrscht in vielen Aspekten des Lebens eine Gleichberechtigung, aber nicht weil es Gesetze gibt, sondern einfach durch die konsequente Auffassung von der Allgegenwart Gottes. Sich über einen anderen zu stellen, würde bedeuten, Gott in ihm zu verachten.

Sprache

Ein anderer Ausdruck der Gleichheit spiegelt sich im Rasta-Dialekt wieder, der sog. I'n'I-Sprache (Ich-und-Ich-Sprache): Wenn Rastafarians von Gemeinschaft sprechen, gebrauchen sie statt "wir" den Ausdruck "I and I", "ich und ich".

Ras Historian interpretierte es so:

"'Ich' in der normalen englischen Sprache 'I', ist die erste Person. Du, er, sie, es folgen als zweite und dritte Person. Wenn ich und Ich als Rastafarian die Zahlen betrachte, so kommt Eins zuerst. Sogar zwischen dem Zeichen 1 (eins) und I (für "ich") gibt es eine gewisse Ähnlichkeit. Deshalb betrachte Ich und Ich jedes Individuum, das ein Mitglied der Rastfarians ist, immer als "I". Anders gesagt, ein jeder ist immer der Erste. Denn es ist nur die Gesamtheit aller, die dieses ganze Ich bildet und so den vollkommenen Zustand hervorbringt."

Nach Dennis Forsythe, einem Soziologen und Rastafarian, unterscheidet man ein "little I" und ein "big I":

"Das "little I" oder Ich (für englisch me) bezieht sich auf das untere Selbst des Menschen, auf seinen Körper, sein Ego, jenen Teil von ihm, der geboren wurde und sterben wird. Es ist dieses "little I", das Begierden, Streben, Elend, Glück erlebt, Handlungen vollzieht und den Tod fürchtet. Es ist das äußere Gewand des "Big I", ein Instrument, durch das sich das "Big I" auf der materiellen Ebene manifestiert."

"Das "Big I" ist das ewige unsterbliche oder wahre Selbst, das niemals geboren wurde und niemals sterben kann. Es ist der Geist des Göttlichen und Heiligen, das in der Tiefe eines jeden seinen Sitz hat."

Das Ziel der Rasta-Anhänger besteht also in der Erkenntnis des Selbst und in der Verschmelzung von "little I" und "Big I". Diese Selbstverwirklichung wäre dann "I-nity" bzw. Unity (Einheit).

Für die Rastafarians ist die Sprache gewissermaßen ein heiliges Instrument und kein bloßes profanes Kommunikationsmittel. Sprache geht zurück auf den Schöpfungungsbericht der Bibel:

"Am Anfang war das Wort, und das Wort war bei Jah, und Jah war das Wort"
(Joh.1,1)

Hierin sieht der Rastafarian einen Beweis dafür, daß Worte nicht nur Klang haben, sondern auch Kraft. Mit den Begriffen Wort, Klang und Kraft (word, sounds and power) korrespondieren Geist, Sprache und Herz, die in eins schwingen und die Erleuchtung des Denkens und Fühlens ermöglichen.

"Durch Sprechen erneuert Rasta das Universum; Mitgefühl, Demut, Liebe und Harmonie anstrebend"

Zur vollsten Entfaltung kommt die Sprache im "Reasoning", der Gesprächsform der Rastafarians. Während des nächtlichen Rauchens werden Inspirationen mitgeteilt und in langen Gesprächen diskutiert. Hierin ist ein sakraler Akt zu sehen, vergleichbar mit dem Gebet. Die nächtliche Zeit ist zudem die heilige Zeit, da die Tageszeit fest im Griff von Babylon ist.

Das Reasoning ist auch noch in weiterer Hinsicht von Bedeutung: Rastafari ist nicht nur als eine Bewegung anzusehen, also solch eine ohne Führer, sondern auch als eine solche, die am ehesten das protestantische Prinzip vom Priestertum aller Gläubigen zu verwirklichen scheint.

Rasta-Frauen

Eine Rasta-Frau wird entweder als "sister" oder als "daughter" bezeichnet. Es ist Frauen verboten Hosen zu tragen. Im fünften Buch Mose 22,5 steht:

"Eine Frau soll nicht Männersachen tragen, und ein Mann soll nicht Frauenkleider anziehen; denn wer das tut, der ist dem Herrn, deinem Gott, ein Gräuel"

Homosexualität wird strikt abgelehnt, ist sie doch aus biblischer Sicht verwerflich.

Zitat aus DER BRIEF DES PAULUS AN DIE RÖMER, 1. Kapitel:
"1,26 Darum hat sie Gott dahingegeben in schändliche Leidenschaften; denn ihre Frauen haben den natürlichen Verkehr vertauscht mit dem widernatürlichen; 1,27 desgleichen haben auch die Männer den natürlichen Verkehr mit der Frau verlassen und sind in Begierde zueinander entbrannt und haben Mann mit Mann Schande getrieben und den Lohn ihrer Verirrung, wie es ja sein musste, an sich selbst empfangen."

Zitat aus DAS DRITTE BUCH MOSE (LEVITIKUS), 18. Kapitel: Verbot geschlechtlicher Verirrungen

"18,22 Du sollst nicht bei einem Mann liegen wie bei einer Frau; es ist ein Gräuel."

und

ebd., 20.Kap:

"20,13 Wenn jemand bei einem Manne liegt wie bei einer Frau, so haben sie getan, was ein Gräuel ist, und sollen beide des Todes sterben; Blutschuld lastet auf ihnen."

Während ihrer Menstruation gelten Frauen als unrein und werden der Gemeinschaft ferngehalten. Das, weil es so in der Bibel steht. Auch sichtbar im patois-Fluchwort "blood-clot" (Bluttuch).

Ernährungs-Gewohnheiten

"Damit der Kopf denken kann, muss der Körper gesund sein" sagen die Rastas

Rastafarians trinken keinen hochprozentigen Alkohol und lehnen "künstliche" Nahrung sowie Fleisch ab. Sie glauben, daß Fleisch, Fisch Geflügel oder Eier den Magen zu einem "Friedhof" machen, da man sich totes Fleisch einverleibt. "Agridishes" bzw. Nahrung, die in der Erde gewachsen ist, sowie absolut frische natürliche Nahrung ist "ital". Ital leitet sich von I und vital = Lebenswichtig ab, verbunden mit der Nebenbedeutung "natural", natürlich.

Die Nahrung soll gesund und frisch sein, ohne Zusätze von Salz oder chemischen Stoffen zur Färbung oder Konservierung. Dosennahrung gilt ohnehin als "beerdigte Nahrung".

Auch die Küchengeräte sollten aus natürlichen Materialien hergestellt werden.

Mehr über was man essen kann und was nicht, werdet ihr unter Leviticus, Kap. 11 und Deuteronomium 14,3 - 21a finden.

Rastafarians und die Gesellschaft

Rastas leisten keine Lohnarbeit, denn "Lohnarbeit ist Sklaverei". Sie bevorzugen Arbeit als Handwerker, Händler oder Fuhrunternehmer, Maler, Bildhauer, Dichter oder Musiker.

Innerhalb des Rastafari gibt es außerdem verschiedene Gruppierungen: den Niyabinghi-Orden, die Twelve Tribes of Israel, die Ethiopian Orthodox Church, Mystic Revelation of Rastafari Bobo Ashanti u.a., deren Auslegung dessen, was Rastafari ist, unterschiedlich strikt ist.

Auch wegen des Genusses von Ganja geraten sie häufig in Konflikt mit dem Gesetz und die Strafen sind hart. Für die Rastafarians ist die herrschende Strafverfolgung eine massive Unterdrückung und reine Schikane. Das drückt sich auch in der Musik aus.

Auch mit ihrer äußeren Erscheinung ziehen die Rastafarians viel Unwillen auf sich. Sie tragen Dreadlocks und pflegen einen lässigen Kleiderstil. Daß eine solche nonkomformistische Lebenshaltung beim Gegenüber oft Angst und Ablehnung erzeugt, kennen wir auch von unserer Gesellschaft. Oft wird Rasta-Kindern mit Dreadlocks der Besuch der Schule verboten.

Rastas nehmen an keinen Beerdigungen teil, da sie nicht an den Tod glauben. „ Der Tod ist ein chemischer Prozess: Nichts geht verloren, es ändert nur seine Form.“

Dreadlocks

Dreadlocks sind ein Symbol der Hingabe. Sie sind die Antennen zu Gott. Sie sind Symbol für Würde und Ehre, und ein bildliches Symbol der Löwenmähne. Auch hier folgen die Rastafarians den Empfehlungen der Bibel:

Leviticus 21,5: "They shall not make baldness upon their head [...]".

Siehe auch Numeri 6,5: “().. soll auch kein Schermesser sein Haupt berühren, bis die Zeit abgelaufen ist, die er sich dem Herrn als Nasiräer geweiht hat. Er ist heilig, er muss sein Haar ganz frei wachsen lassen.”

Und Richter, 13,5: “Es darf kein Schermesser an sein Haupt kommen, denn der Knabe wird von Geburt an ein Gott geweihter Nasiräer."

Dreadlocks sind Kraft; siehe auch die Geschichte von Samson und Delilah in der Bibel.

Je länger die Dreadlocks eines Rastafarian, desto länger folgt dieser der Rasta-Überzeugung des heiligen Weges des Lebens, könnte man bezugnehmend auf die Traditionen sagen. Ein Rasta ohne Dreads ist ein "Baldhead" - er kann nicht ernst genommen werden.

Rastas, die zur Befragung zur Polizei mussten, wurden dort die Dreads abgeschnitten, als ein Akt der öffentlichen Verleumdung und sozialen Kontrolle über die Bewegung. Rastas sind über diese Grausamkeiten sehr wütend, denn die Dreadlocks sind sehr bedeutsam für ihre spirituelle Überzeugung. Sie glauben, dass sie klarer denken können und Gefahr um sie herum dank der Dreadlocks spüren können. Sie denken, daß es ihnen möglich ist, dank dieser natürlichen "Rezeptoren", Inspirationen von Jah zu erhalten. Wenn ein Rastafarian sein Haus verlässt, um "in die Welt" zu gehen, trägt er eine wollende Mütze, den sog. "tam", die oft die Farbe rot, gold und grün hat.

"Rot, für das Blutvergießen unter den Suffarahs (Leidenden) seit den Tagen der Sklaverei! Gold, für den Reichtum, den man den Suffarahs gestohlen hat, seit Salomons Tempel erbaut wurde! Grün, für das gelobte Land in Afrika, das die Heimkehr des schwarzen Mannes erwartet."

Ganja

Ganja oder Marihuana, auch "herb" genannt, ist das Brot Jerusalems, Königsbrot, Brot des Lammes, Kraut der Weisheit, Kraut Salomos.

Ganja, Cannabis sativa, ist das heilige Kraut der Rastafarians, von dem an mehreren Stellen in der Bibel gesprochen wird:

"Und die Erde ließ aufgehen Gras und Kraut,
das Samen bringt,
ein jedes nach seiner Art.
Und Gott sah, das es gut war"
(1.Buch Moses 1:12)

Ganja spielt eine wichtige Rolle bei der religiösen Versenkung, da es tiefe und klarere Einsichten in das Leben vermitteln soll. Es soll eine Verbindung mit der Seele herstellen.

"Das Ritual des Herumreichens der Pfeife, der Schluck aus dem Kelch (chalice), ist Teil der Verehrung Jahs; dies wird als eine Anrufung der universalen Kraft des Allmächtigen verstanden. Das Rauchen des Krautes in einer Versammlung symbolisiert Vereinigung und Einheit, I-nity, unter denen, die da vor Jah versammelt sind. Es verbindet die Anwesenden in der Fülle der göttlichen Kräfte, schafft einen vibrierenden Austausch von Meditation zwischen allen, die am Sakrament teilhaben."
(Itations of Jamaika zit. nach Loth, 1991)

Hierzu der Soziologe und Rastafri Dennis Forsythe:

"Für die Brüder ist Ganja der mystische Leib und Blut von 'Jesus' - das Brandopfer für Gott, aus Feuer gemacht - welches den einzelnen sehen und erkennen läßt den ‚lebendigen Gott' oder den 'Gott-im-Menschen'. Sie leiten ihre moralische Berechtigung zum Gebrauch der Kräuter aus ihren persönlichen Erfahrungen mit der Pflanze und auch aus dem Buch der Genesis ab, das den Gebrauch von 'allen Pflanzen, die Samen bringen', gestattet."

Es wird gesagt, dass Ganja als Nahrung für das Hirn und als Allheilmittel gelte. So hilft es bei Asthma, Erkältung, Magenverstimmung, Fieber, Rheumatismus, Grauem Star, Trumbose und vielem mehr. Es wird von keinem Rasta als schädlich empfunden.

Ganja wird geraucht, aufgebrüht als Tee getrunken, im Essen verwendet und äußerlich aufgetragen. Man macht daraus Seile, kosmetische Produkte und vieles mehr. Sein Gebrauch produziert psycho-spirituelle Effekte und hat sozio-religiöse Funktion. Es wird gesagt, dass es Visionen hervorrufe, die Gefühle vertiefe, kreative mache und Ruhe für den Geist bringe.

In den 60er Jahren dieses Jahrhunderts war der Export von Ganja in die USA ein Multi-Millionen-Dollar-Geschäft - jährlich. Es war hoch durchorganisiert und in der Hand von Kleinbauern und Rastas. Allerdings stehen Produktion, Genuss und Verkauf von Ganja leider unter Strafe. Trotzdem gilt sein Anbau als wichtiger Zweig der Landwirtschaft.

Reggae-Sänger Ras Midas über Ganja:

"Ich will etwas über das Kraut sagen und darüber, was das Kraut mit unserer Kultur und unserer Musik zu tun hat. Der richtige Name für das Kraut ist Cannabis. Es ist das einzige lebende Kraut in der Schöpfung, das der Mensch sowohl als Tee trinken als auch rauchen kann. Es bringt dich in die Meditation über Jah. Wenn Ich-und Ich meine Ich-und-Ich Musik schaffe, greife Ich-und-Ich zu dem Kraut, und das Kraut führt mich in die Meditation mit Jah. Dann füttert Jah mich mit dem Wort, mit der Lyrik, dem Text und der Melodie, so daß ich das in die Realität herausbringen kann. Deshalb kämpft Babylon gegen das Kraut.

Das Kraut und die Musik sind nach dem Konzept von Rastafari die Heilung für die Völker. Überall, wo das Kraut hinkommt, überall, wo Reggae Fuß faßt, wird Rastafari sein, und das Kraut dort sein, denn du mußt mit dem Kraut kommunizieren, um zu wissen, wer Rastafari ist. Du mußt mit dem Kraut kommunizieren, um die Musik und ihr Konzept zu verstehen".

Ganja ist die stärkste gemeinsame Erfahrung im Rastafari. Die zentrale rituelle Aktivität der Rastas ist das "reasoning" über einer glühenden Pfeife. Die Ganja-Pfeife wird "chalice" genannt. Sie geht von Hand zu Hand um den Altartisch als rituelles Symbol von Erde, Luft, Wasser und Feuer.

Ras Norma:

"Babylon kennt die Weisheit, die du vom ganja-rauchen bekommst und sie müssen dich von deiner Meditation abhalten. Sie kämpfen weiter gegen I (mein) Kraut, verstehst du (overstand)? Weil I Kraut ein spezielles Kraut ist, wird es getrennt betrachtet, aber es ist auch ein Kraut. Kein Mensch kann es machen, es kommt aus der Erde, es ist ein Kraut der Weisheit und der Wahrheit. Ich denke wenn ganja legal wäre, gäbe es positiv weniger Problem e mit Kokain und Crack. Wenn die Leute das Kraut rauchen würden, wäre es Meditation, Demut würde sie zur Selbstbesinnung bringen (i-tate), verstehst du (overstand)? Aber wenn du Rum trinkst, ist das eine andere Szene. Wenn du dich umschaust, siehst du wer die Probleme verursacht. Es sind Crack, Heroin, Kokain, Morphium, Alkohol und Zigaretten. Kraut macht dich demütig, weil es ein heilendes Kraut ist In Guyana kommst du wegen eines Joints drei Jahre ins Gefängnis. Viele Rastas werden wegen Kraut verfolgt. Nicht für Mord oder Diebstahl von jemandem, nur für das Rauchen des Krautes. Aber die Menschheit muss sich von der mentalen Sklaverei befreien. Sie haben versucht Bruder Marley, Peter Tosh und Marcus Garvey für das Sprechen der Wahrheit zu töten. Weil Bob Babylon verbal angezündet hat. Wenn Bob noch auf dieser Erde wandeln würde, wäre jeder Rasta, weil er die Wahrheit spricht und sie in seiner Musik singt und die Wahrheit bleibt für immer. Aber sie werden mich niemals aufhalten, denn auch wenn sie mich drei Jahre ins Gefängnis, Ich-und-Ich werden rauskommen und Ich-und-Ich werden immer noch I Kraut rauchen, weil I Kraut göttliche Meditation ist, ich bin frei, dass zu tun, was ich muss. Jah Rastafari, Selassie I sei verehrt."

30. Mär 2011, 19:40
Profil Besuche Website